Title: Door-to-Door Canvasser
Position type: Part-time (10-20 hrs/week) with periodic evenings and weekends required for presentations and community outreach events.
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Overview: CAIR-Georgia will be hiring a team of canvassers to engage registered voters. The canvassers will have the responsibility of representing CAIR Georgia and our values to the public, educating and identifying supporters in our community and mobilizing them to join our campaigns, accurately and timely completing data entry, and meeting personal campaign recruitment goals. Canvassing experience is a plus but not required; we will provide all necessary training.
The canvasser will work with the guidance of CAIR Georgia’s, policy, communications, and legal teams at the affiliate as well as coordinating with Georgia Muslim Voter Project’s election team.
Join one of the most dynamic teams defending civil rights on behalf of the American Muslim community!
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Engage locals by educating voters door-to-door in assigned territories
- Participate and complete all required training
- Mobilize and expand support for state-based civil rights issues among Georgia Muslims by educating, identifying, and recruiting supporters and volunteers to participate in civil rights campaigns and programs.
- With the guidance of the legal, policy, and communication departments, be able to carry out persuasive and informative conversations with residents regarding the CAIR Georgia and our current campaigns
- Work with advocacy technology tools, including tracking and entering data in relation to supports and the advocacy actions they take.
- Represent CAIR Georgia in a positive and informed light with the general public, community organizations, and coalition partners.
- Assist people in carefully and correctly filling out voter registration forms
- Engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Strictly follow the campaign's safety protocols and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with state registration laws and statutes, and comply with all applicable legal requirements and processes for registering voters
Applicants should have the following skills and abilities
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid identification
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Must own a smartphone and willing to download our GPS enabled mobile application
- Ability to work outside and walk/stand for extended periods of time
- Individuals who have personal experience with immigration, incarceration, the criminal justice system and/or are bilingual are encouraged to apply.
- A history of working collaboratively and successfully with people and organizations from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds and a broad range of ideological positions and religious views.
- Charismatic, energetic, and passionate about voting rights and the importance of voter registration
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Creative, results-oriented, self-starting, and willing to learn.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of CAIR Georgia
Time Frame: Now-January 5, 2021
Work Location: Multiple locations
Compensation: This is a part-time, temporary position. Compensation is $20/hour, with an anticipated weekly shift of 20 hours. Shifts will include occasional weekends. The position is not eligible for fringe benefits.
Individuals with an understanding of the political landscape and voter concerns in Georgia are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. CAIR-GA is an equal opportunity employer.